WP2 will establish community standards in the field of cell migration. This objective consists of five goals.
- Creation of a cell migration standardization organization (CMSO) devoted to organizing the standardization process, including the organization of workshops and the public review of the proposed standards following a set procedure. All further goals will be pursued within the context of this organization.
- Definition of minimal reporting requirements for cell migration data.
- Analysis of existing controlled vocabularies (CVs) for re-use, and where necessary creation of a novel CV and/or extension of existing CV.
- Development of a relevant data format standard for the field that adheres to the minimal reporting requirements, and that makes use of the appropriate CVs for data annotation.
- Maintenance and update of the created standards, well beyond the project lifetime.